Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fire Tulips and Figs

I'm creating a few smaller paintings for the upcoming show at the Firehouse in Newburyport, MA (June 2012). Just getting back full time into my work with still life and thought I'd kick it off with a spicy color palette! With our move to New Hampshire, I feel my artistic focus is changing and offering a wonderful opportunity to forge a new direction with my work. I am still compelled towards still life and the details that come with working at close range, however taking my work outside and into the woods and waterways in our backyard seems a very natural path to wonder down. Knarled deadwood, forest floors covered in star moss, frozen standing water encircling birch trees - all provide an interesting backdrop to work from. I've already started my new series and feel inspiration, anticipation - long dormant - rising in me again! Stay tuned....

No comments: