Wednesday, July 4, 2012

French Lilacs with English Tea

My lastest painting finished in my new studio in Portsmouth, NH. So strange to now begin a new body of work in a studio that looks out over an estuary and green hill as opposed to our garage and driveway in Stratford! Very inspiring, but it can get distracting. Summertime has boaters - mostly kayakers - floating by, and across the estuary is a public park and dock where swimmers and hikers can been seen.  I do love it here, but find my mind is wandering to painting scenery outdoors in this location, where I have for so many years painted set ups in my studio. Honestly, it will be interesting to see how my work evolves from here -- the best response still comes from my work with silver and florals, but perhaps there's room now for some fresh perspectives and ideas.

No comments: