Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Icy Paint

Blue is another sketch in progress, focusing on the eyes of this beautiful paint horse residing at a local horse rescue farm. His demeanor fits his icy blue eyes - cool, distant and frosty. There's no gentle nuzzling from this one's nose, seeking carrots hidden in my jacket. He doesn't want any part of me, and that's fine. I'm told to keep my fingers away from his muzzle. I keep my distance and admire those pretty attributes from a safe place behind the fence. Safe for him - he's the rescue and needs to feel he is out of harms way. The way he was treated before his rescue probably explains his suspicion of strangers like me, and I pose no threat. He knows it now, but still chooses to give me a wide berth. I must get my glimpses and sketches quickly before he moves away. At some point I hope to become at least trustworthy enough that he will remain close for me give him a carrot!

No comments: