Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Summer Blues (and pinks)


This is my newest painting, tentatively called "Summer Blues". It is not QUITE done yet - there is still ribbon detail near the right side that is unfinished, and a segment up in the top left corner - but essentially it is about an hour from being a completed. I wish I had documented this one over the course of painting it, as it was quite an elaborate process!

On another note, my show is still on the wall in NYC and looks gorgeous (If I do say so myself!). They've sold two - French Lilacs, my latest before this most recent piece (and shown below) and Speckled Roses. This is great news considering the very awful economically catastrophic month we've been enduring.

5 comments:

Sandy Mastroni said...

Oh I found you !
It was SO good to see you today.
I always get so happy when I see you.
this painting is amazing
YOU are an amazing artist
I am adding you to my blog links
bye for now !
Sandy

Unknown said...

I came here after reading Sandys blog : ) she is right...amazing!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi kimberly
i am a friend of sandy's and had to come over to tell you how beautiful your work is. :)
have a wonderful day!
melissa

Theresa said...

Kim you paintings look so real.... wow... I can't get over it. I'm so glad that Sandy posted your blog on her blog. Your work is really amazing!!!

Hugs,

Theresa

Susan said...

I, also, came over from Sandy's blog. Your work is so amazing, that I really cannot find the words to express how it makes me feel. You truly are gifted. Thanks, Susan